Monday, September 19, 2011

New website, new cover, new video, oh my!

Hi, friends!

What a crazyfast month it has been! Between work, travel, earthquakes and hurricanes, it's hard to believe the summer is really, truly, actually over. Luckily, fall happens to be my #1 favorite season (I was born on 10/10), so even though I'm sad to say farewell to rooftop partying and warm weather, I'm also REALLY excited to pull out the cozy sweaters, comfy brown boots, funky tights, and, best of all... scarves!

(Um, did I mention?  I'm kind of a scarf-a-holic...)



A little scary, I know. But what is even scarier is that very soon I will be making my annual fall pilgrimage to Urban Outfitters, at which point I will likely buy out their entire 2011 scarf collection.  So, basically, if you do not hear from me for a while this winter, please just go ahead and send a search party to:

Jess Rothenberg's Closet
Right above the Bike Shop
Brooklyn, NY 11215

(Thank you in advance.)


Meanwhile, onto some book-related fun!

First off, I just want to say congratulations to my good friend, former editorial colleague, and fellow YA author, Anne Heltzel!  Her first novel CIRCLE NINE went on sale last week, and I'm so excited for her!  (Head over to her Facebook fan page to find out more about Anne and her awesome book.)

Next, in case you haven't seen it, THE CATASTROPHIC HISTORY OF YOU AND ME has a Brand. New. Cover!


Isn't it gorgeous??  I really liked the original ARC cover (girl in pieces, see previous posts), but I LOVE the totally ethereal quality of this girl and her dress and how the upside down Golden Gate Bridge looks a tiny bit like wings.  So, so lovely.  Hope you like it! (Email me with any thoughts, I'd love to hear them.)   

In website news, I've been hard at work on the *real-deal* www.jessrothenberg.com and am thrilled to announceat long lastit is LIVE!! (Yes, I like alliteration.) Check it out! There's a bunch of new content about me and my book over there, and I'll be doing some fun contests and galley giveaways (ooh la la) in the coming weeks/months, so don't be a stranger! 

And, finally, I'll leave you with something just for fun....  (Hint: Turn up your volume / get ready to dance!)

People often ask me what it's like to be a writer in NYC, and where I find my inspiration. So, I decided to make a short little movie (link below) to give you a small glimpse into my Writing Life.  Or Non-Writing Life, as this particular afternoon turned out.

What can I say?  Some days are just too nice to stay inside.    : )

Hope you enjoy it.  And more to come!


xo,










2 comments:

  1. Wow, I love the new cover! Congrats :)

    By the way, scarves are most definitely awesome. I cannot wait until the weather starts to cool off so I can break out my colorful ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! So glad you like it! And haha, glad to hear I'm not alone in the scarf obsession. : )

    ReplyDelete