Monday, April 9, 2012

Epic Spring Update!!

Hi, friends!

Sorry it's been a little quiet over here, I'm just getting over a bad case of the all-too-common weddingplanorituswhich, as some of you might know, has this way of taking over everything else in the universe until you wake up one morning covered in Bride magazine and realize...  Oh NO.  BUT I NEED TO BLOG!

The good news is, though, since it's been a little while, I've got lots of fun news to tell you.  I'm really into bullet points, so I'll just dive right in.

1) MY BOOK CAME OUT!!!  It did, it did, it did.  [Dances happily.]  And the catastrophic (but in a good way) release party at Books of Wonder on 2/23 was pretty incredible.  Props to the whole staff over there, especially Adam Silvera, for being such rockstars (and for making me feel like one, too).  It really was a fun night.  If you missed it, here is a very kind write up by a Secret Blogger whom I've apparently met, even though I have no idea who she (or he) is and now I am SO CURIOUS: I want to be Jess Rothenberg when I grow up.  









2) I HUNG OUT WITH JUSTIN BIEBER.  Swaggy.  (Or something?)  Yeah, I don't really know what that means. 



3) I'M DOING EVENTS AND STUFF!  Last month, I was in my hometown of Charleston, SC kicking off my high school's annual book festivalSUCH a TREAT b/c I got to meet lots of the students (they were so sweet!) plus I got to hang out with my awesome high school English teachers.  <3

  

The Charleston paper, The Post & Courier, even wrote a front page piece about me.  (I'm not sure what the photographer was thinking when he picked that shot, but whatever, it was still pretty cool.)

Then, just last weekend, I wandered over to the NYC Teen Author Book Festival, saw some old friends, met some new ones, and chatted about Characters at a Crossroad on a panel moderated by the fabulous E. Lockhart.  Later, at the Mega Books of Wonder signing, I got to meet some of my fav bloggers like Asher Knight (pictured below) and Erica from The Book Cellar (except she got shy and forgot to tell me it was her!).  Next time, Erica.  Next time you will not escape!  : )


 



4) BUT WAIT, THERE ARE EVEN MORE EVENTS TO COME!  

Starting with: this Wednesday night, 4/11.  I'll be reading alongside a bunch of awesome writers like Josh Berk, Jen Calonita, Margie Gelbwasser, Barry Lyga, Elisa Ludwig, K.M. Walton, and Robin Wasserman.  Come check us out at 6-7:30 at the Jefferson Market Branch of the NYPL, corner of 6th Ave and 10th Street.

More info here:
http://www.facebook.com/events/310550705655770/

And last but certainly not least, have you guys heard of this awesome West Coast tour called YAorBUST?  It's with the great penguin writerly trio of Gayle Forman, Stephanie Perkins, and Nina Lacour, starting next week.

And guess what?  I'm going too!  

That's right, as of next Monday, I'll be heading out to the lovely city of SF to join those crazy YAorBusters for the first leg of the tour.  So if you're anywhere near the Bay Area, I hope you'll come say hi at one of the events below.  Just be sure to wear some flowers in your hair, k?  K.




Copperfield's Books, 7:00-10:00 p.m
http://copperfieldsbooks.com/event/bust-tour


xo,

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you've been having a great time for the past couple months :)

    I'm going to *attempt* to make it the Copperfield's event for YA or Bust (depending whether or not I finish my dreadful Othello essay in time), so hopefully I'll see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm currently reading your book and loving it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your book looks awesome!!! I will definitely pick it up next time I go to the library! I wish I was as gifted as you are so I could write my own book!
    I saw you on the list for authors coming to the YALL Fest in November. I hope I get the chance to meet you!
    -Emily
    www.sittingwithabook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete